Align Your Diet with Exercise Regimen for Best Results

Exercise and nutrition are twp peas in a pod. The quality of nutrition impacts performance, recovery, immunity, hormones and even the results we are striving for. The most common mistake people commit is considering food as a reward, forgetting that 70% results depend on nutrition and the remaining 30% on exercise, sleep or the lack of them and your level of stress. For example- while eating that cupcake might seems harmless, eating processed sugar post workout triggers somatostatin release that blocks the human growth hormone ( necessary for lean muscle),…

FOOD: Nourishment To Our Body

Food is the basic necessity of life. Everybody eats food and most people enjoy it. From the beginning, scientists were curious about the food they consumed, its passage in the body and its effects. This curiosity led to the development of the science of nutrition. Nutrition is defined as the scientific study of food and its relation to health. It can also be defined as the science which deals with those processes by which body utilizes food for energy, growth and maintenance of health. The development of chemistry and other…

ESSENTIAL BODY NUTRIENTS

Nutrients are chemical components of food that supply nourishment to the body. They are required by the body in the right amounts and they must be eaten regularly. Each nutrient –proteins, fats, vitamins and water – performs a specific function in our body. Cellulose, though not a nutrient itself, plays an important role in the physiology of digestion. Hence it is considered to be a vital nutritional factor. FUNCTIONS OF NUTRIENTS- Supply energy to the body Build and repair body tissues Regulate body processes Carbohydrates and fats primarily supply energy.…