In almost 90% of cases in India, the infected person has contracted the disease while abroad. There have been only a few cases of local transmission, which means India is still in stage 2nd of an endemic –
STAGE 1- Local transmission begins from positive cases. Transmission is limited to people who have come in direct contact
With an infected individual with travel history.
STAGE 2- There is large-scale spread in community. Transmission is occurring in patients who have had no direct contact with covid-19 patients with travel history. It is spreading in community and affecting larger clusters.
STAGE 3- The disease takes shape of a nationwide epidemic with no clear endpoint.
HOW TO KEEP YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY SAFE-
- Maintain a six foot distance from people who cough.
- This is because droplets carry the virus and could land in the mouths or noses of passerby.
- Dont touch your eyes,nose and mouth.
- Stay home when sick.
- Use a tissue to cover your mouth while coughing. Throw the tissue in the trash.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects ( lift buttons,door knobs,restaurant tables) with household cleaning or spray wipes.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol based sanitizes.
HOW THE VIRUS SPREADS-
- People are thought to be most contagious when they are most symptomatic .
- But even those without symptoms could spread the virus.
- Infection is possible if a person touches a surface of object that the has virus on it and then touches his or her mouth, nose or eyes.
- The virus is supposedly heavier than common ones, so it cant travel more than three feet or so.