Recently in India, food outlet KFC allowed people to pay just smiling. In other countries, smiling schools have been training youngsters to smile more than they do these days.
If you think all the above is laughable, first laugh a bit. Then take a stock of your surroundings. How many people around you are smiling right now? It doesn’t matter where you are,work,home or commuting…..or better still when were you last smiling?
It’s a world of disappearing smiles, feels life coach of any one. It is the most simple act but we won’t smile enough anymore. We found this strange because smiling is the best way to immediately uplift your energy; and everyone is looking for ways to boost energies,improve his or her mood.
A while ago researchers at the united states of kansas published findings that revealed smiling helps reduce the body’s response to stress, and lowers heart rate in tense situations. That’s not all. Yet another suggests smiling leads to longevity. Yet so few of us smile these days.
WHY WE SMILE LESS-
Broadly speaking there are a few reasons why we don’t smile these days;
- Status affects how readily people turn smiles.
- Some people just aren’t prone to smiling-thay may be shy, self-conscious and unsure of themselves.
- If you stare at your smartphone, you will not make eye contact and not smile.
- Some people think if they smile at everyone,they will be perceived as less effective and less powerful.
- Some cultures consider smiling as unintelligent or a sign of weakness.
- Witholding a smile is also a way of setting boundaries for some.
SMILE TO BE HAPPY-
- People who smile frequently arte perceived as being more confident and successful.
- Most people are inclined to start a conversation with a stranger when the stranger is smiling.
- People who smile a lot have a better chance of being promoted.
- Your smile is so powerful that it will have a positive impact on phone conversations.
So, all these concludes that happiness is the result of smiling , contrary to what people believe. In fact, even a forced smile can lead to a mood boost. Usually, we think that a positive experience is what makes us smile. But smile is a positive experience in itself.