A normal healthy heart is a strong,muscular pump, a little larger than a fist. With heart failure , the heart muscle becomes too weak or too stiff to work properly. The heart cannot pump efficiently enough to meet the body’s need for blood and oxygen.
HOW TO KEEP YOUR HEART HEALTHY?-
- SLEEP- The heart is a muscle that needs recovery. It heals and recovers when we sleep. Sleeping less creates unnecessary stress on our heart,increases inflammation,spikes up blood pressure and makes heart beat irregular. Additionally,lack of sleep can cause lack of motivation to work out,cravings for sugar,coffee and food.
- EMOTIONS- Negative emotions like anger,jealously,hatred,guilt your heart your heart,while positive emotions like happiness,gratitude,boost heart health.
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY- Sitting is the new smoking. The more you sit the unhealthier your heart is going to be. It doesn’t matter if you work out one hour in the gym and you are going to be sitting for the next nine hours. This is called a sedentary active.
MAKE THESE CHANGES-
- Swap refined oils with cold pressed,unrefined oils- refined vegetables oils are rich in omega 6^fatty acids. Omega 6 is harmful to health as it causes inflammation and oxidation stress in the body. It is also important to focus on the right quantity of refined oil as excess can be harmful.
- Make pranayam a habit- one deep inhale and deeper exhale helps drop your blood pressure a notch. It is one of the most powerful ways to manage high BP, both systolic and diastolic values.
- Introduce heart healthy fats- desi ghee, coconut oil,egg yolks,walnuts,flax seeds,chia seeds,sunflower seeds,almonds and other cold pressed oils are good for you in the right quality and quantity.
- Pass the salt shaker- refined varieties of salt can lead to inflammation in the body. Switch to pink or rock salt,but under complete medical supervision,especially if you are a kidney patient.
- Fix low vitamin D levels– the UV rays of the sun interact with cholesterol in our body to make vitamin D .so if you have low cholesterol levels, chances are you are also vitamin D deficient. At the same time,if you have low vitamin D levels, your liver gets a signal to produce more cholesterol because your body wants to naturally increase vitamin D levels.
So,boost vitamin D levels if they are below normal.