It happens to the best of us. We diligently follow our diets when we are at home but let ourselves loose while travelling. While food is a part of any vacation experience, it’s a bad idea to just eat your way through a holiday. Here are a few health tips to keep in mind while travelling.
- Think- the journey to weight loss often starts with the way you think about it. Something as simple as making a decision not to gain weight could help you see your vacation eating in a whole new way. You could practice visualization techniques. For example- you could start by picturing yourself arriving at your destination, focusing on the place, the people, the monuments, taking boat rides and getting spa treatments. The more non-food elements you see, the less chance there is for you to binge.
- Plan- buck the weight gain tendency by increasing the frequency of exercise, or eat light for a week or so before you leave. With access to so much information online, you could also plan what you eat by studying the local cuisine, and picking healthy options for a few meals.
- Preparation- why not have fresh fruits or a handful of nuts in a zip-lock bag when you are visiting a monument? Light snacking helps curb hunger pangs, which otherwise leads to bingeing.
- Choose- you don’t have to feel deprived by not indulging in local delicacies. Choose one meal a day where you can eat whatever you want. Make sure your other two meals are light.
- Walk- the above, of course, would need to be backed up by exercise. Always remember that a new place is best discovered on foot. Walk as much as possible.
- Drink- adequate hydration is crucial to boost your vacation experience. Carry a bottle of water wherever you go and see for yourself how you return home without excess baggage.