Best comfort foods to nurse that diseased heart
- WALNUTS- walnuts are great for providing omega-3 fatty acids. These acids are proven to help give your brain the nourishment it needs to curb depression.
- FISH- Another source of omega-3 fatty acids. Stick to oily fish like salmon, tuna and sardines.
- TURKEY- Turkey contains Aristophanes that triggers neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are chemical messengers that are found in your nervous systems that control your mood. These transmitters can make you feel better.
- ROI-BOOS TEA- Riotous is a slightly sweet non- caffeinated tea that is thought to lower insomnia and calm jagged nerves.
- CHOCOLATE-A lot of people turn to sweet foods. Chocolate contains phenol ethylene, which can give you the same sort of feeling you get when you are happy or falling in love. And the darker, the better.
- CHICKEN- Along with several, other foods- such as banana, orange juice, cereal and green leafy vegetables chicken is good source of vitamin B that helps you feel better, both physically and mentally.
- MILK- Recent studies have shown that a low level of vitamin D can contribute to mental health issues such as- depression. A great and easy way to find vitamin D is to drink milk. Or try cheese, bread, mackerel or egg-yolk.