To comprehend the stark contrast between being surrounded by people and yet feeling lonely, we must first understand what loneliness really is. is it a result of our surroundings or something within us?
Loneliness is an internal issue , a state of mind,and is more a result of the internal activity of our brain than our surroundings. It can affect people of all ages and disciplines. Children,adolescents,adults and even the elderly often prey to the subtle grasp of loneliness. It is surely triggered by our external environment but its lasting effect on our mental health is a result of our state of mind. Similar to the antibodies that protect from diseases,the mind must create a defense mechanism for its protection as well.
ROOT CAUSE FOR YOUNG , SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE TO BE LONELY IN A MODERN-DAY SCENARIO-
Success is always a heavy burden ,for it brings with it many unforeseen complications. These complications are inherently the root cause for loneliness.
A young, successful person must play various roles as the day goes by. One of leader,a productive member of society, a loving member of a family, a vibrant part of the friends circle and the list goes on. With the pressure of fitting perfectly into every shoe, comes the daunting possibility of failure. This can cause the character to recede within itself.
Every young individual must acquire the ability to adjust and adapt to all situations , without a loss in their true self or their true identity. External reactions or influences to our mind and character can only affect us if we do not receive them with grace, acceptance and humility. To become successful is an achievement in itself, to remain successful is a different story altogether. In the realm of yoga, to attain perfection over your experience is true success and with these simple guidelines , no situation or issue can keep you from bliss.
- Remain in a state of neutrality,gratitude and humility.
- Accept people from all walks of life with an open heart.
- Understand the true meaning of your existence and remain focused.
- Have no expectations of respect,gratitude , assistance or reasons for happiness from others.
HOW TO MOTIVATE ONESELF TO DO YOGA?
- The first attempt must be to break out of the shell that is self-inflicted. Do not inhibit yourself from seeking help from family or friends to enable you to be more open minded.
- Yoga is a holistic approach to a better life through the parameters that truly matter, I.e.health,peace and happiness. Yoga accesses your mind through inner workings of your body.
- The physical practice of yoga asanas and pranayam gives you a healthy body. This healthy body gives you the opportunity to focus on the pursuit of contentment through Dayan and meditation.
- Fill your life with positive responsibilities towards your work,your personal dreams and ambitions , your family and your friends. Loneliness is the outcome of emptiness or an inability to fill your time with constructive , positive thoughts , activities and ideas. How you segregate your 24 hours to bring out the best version of yourself, will ensure that not a minute is spent in the doldrums of negativity or loneliness.